Episode 27: A Skyfall Celebration
We have been waiting another installment in the Bond franchise since 2008’s underwhelming Quantum of Solace. At times it felt as though the franchise was over, at times it felt like Bond had peaked with Casino Royale and was now on the way down, but November 9, 2012 brought Bond back with a bang. Skyfall was years in the making and did not disappoint. Rather than making this a full out extravaganza we decided to make it more of a celebration. We are celebrating not only a film, but the evolution and rebirth of the James Bond everyone has come to love and of a villain that is finally up to tangoing with 007.
News & Gossip:
- The Giver coming to the screen? article
- Mark Wahlberg joining Transformers 4 article
- I thought MacGruber 2 was in the works but it turns out it was MacGyver article
- Who has passed on Star Wars? article
- Michael Arndt to write Star Wars Episode VII article
- George Clooney joining 1952 article
In theaters now:
- Skyfall (trailer): The James Bond of Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace was rough around the edges yet with Skyfall, Bond has evolved into the suave super-spy that everyone associates with the character. In this outing Bond is matched with a villain who is more than capable of going head to head with him both mentally and physically. Silva, played by the brilliant Javier Bardem, is a former MI:6 agent with a vendetta against M. In Skyfall, it is Silva, not Bond, who is the focus in each of their joined scenes. He has the perfect blend of intellect and insanity making you constantly wonder what he’s going to do next. With some amazing exotic locations and high flying action sequences it never felt as though I was sitting through a 2.5 hour film. It kept my attention for the entire duration and left me wanting more. I can only hope that we don’t have to wait another 4 years for the next installment. Anna and I both rate it 5 out of 5, and agree that it’s the best of the Bond franchise to date.
What’s on the horizon:
- A Good Day to Die Hard (trailer) February 14, 2013
- Hansel and Gretel (trailer) March 1, 2013
- The Last Stand (trailer) January 17, 2013
- Jurassic Park 3D (trailer) April 5, 2013
This weekend’s agenda:
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 (trailer)
- The Twilight Marathon November 15, 2012
- Lincoln (trailer)
- Anna Karenina (trailer)
- Silver Linings Playbook (trailer)
Subscribe via iTunes
Posted on November 16, 2012, in move reviews, movies, podcast, Uncategorized and tagged bond, daniel craig, james bond, javier bardem, mark wahlberg, silva, skyfall, star wars, the giver. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.