Episode 23: Have you missed us?
We’re so happy to return this week with some reviews of movies we actually wanted to see! Not only have we been in the midst of a literal drought, but for the last month or so we’ve been experiencing a cinematic drought. It seemed as if the studios all decided to release the movies that nobody wanted to see all at once during the month of September. Rather than making a chore out of going to movies we didn’t want to see and then rehash them for the podcast, we decided to take a little break and rejoin the real world. You know, the world where people aren’t drawn to the theater every weekend and instead do things like socialize with other people, travel, and do activities outside. It was a welcome break but we were ready to get back to the theater when on September 21, 2012 the box office calendar was finally flush with films that we were looking forward to seeing. Sadly we were only able to get to one movie last weekend, but the one we saw was so great it was as if the cinema was opening it’s arms to envelope us in a great big hug.
News & Gossip:
- Update on Dumb & Dumber To article
- Natalie Portman as Jackie O article
- Yet another Lincoln biopic article
In theaters now:
- End of Watch (trailer): I can’t say enough how much we enjoyed (probably wrong word) this movie. Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña had amazing chemistry and made their scenes seem as if you were watching real life interaction. This is not a movie exposing police corruption, as so many police movies are, rather a movie where all of the police men and women are good people trying to do the best job that they can. I highly recommend this film but would also remind everyone to bring the tissues. Anna and I both rated this a 4 out of 5.
- Pitch Perfect (trailer): To say this movie is campy and fluffy would be an understatement. The constant aca-dialogue gets a little old but in general this film is a great time. Rebel Wilson manages to steal every scene she’s in, though a lot of her funniest moments were spoiled on the trailer. This movie wasn’t perfect but it was a great time. Go see it with a group of girls and try to keep yourself from singing along… I dare you! I rate this a 3 out of 5 (1 point for the movie and 2 points for the fun factor)
What’s on the horizon:
- Stoker (trailer) March 1, 2013
- Identity Thief (trailer) February 8, 2013
- Promised Land (trailer) January 11, 2013
- Seven Psychopaths (trailer) October 12, 2012
- Silver Linings Playbook (trailer) November 21, 2012
This weekend’s agenda:
- Looper trailer
- Pitch Perfect (Anna only) trailer
- Won’t Back Down trailer
- Taken 2 trailer
- Frankenweenie trailer
Subscribe via iTunes
Posted on October 1, 2012, in cinema, move reviews, movies, podcast, Uncategorized and tagged colin farrell, dumb & dumber, end of watch, gyllenhaal, jackie o, lincoln, matt damon, pitch perfect, seven psychopaths. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.