Episode 16: Getting ready for an R-rated weekend
My anticipation for Friday is most closely related to the anticipation I used to feel for waking up on Christmas morning. It’s like I’m waiting to find out what kind of magic awaits in the theater as I sit down to watch Magic Mike. I’m sure that Channing Tatum, Joe Manganiello, and Matthew McConaughey will be working a strange sort of sorcery over audiences across the country this weekend and all I can say is please, please put a spell on me.
News & Gossip:
- Jena Malone could be Johanna in Catching Fire article
- Magic Mike coming to a stage near you article
- Could Matt Damon be coming back to the Bourne franchise? article
- Tom Cruise is Jack Reacher article
In theaters now:
- Brave (trailer): First a warning for parents who are on the fence on if they should take their young child to see this… be very aware of what your child can handle because this movie gets a little scary. This cautionary fairy tale does an amazing job of illustrating the bond between mothers and daughters. If you’ve ever felt that surely you and your mother must not get along in ways that no other mother and daughter get along fear not. I could not help but think that somehow Disney Pixar perfectly captured my relationship with my mother. The animation is amazing and the film, while I did not love the story, is another win for Disney Pixar. I would recommend seeing this with your mother if at all possible. I rate it a 3 out of 5 while Anna rates it a 4.
- Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (trailer): This film was horrible. If you’d like to see Honest Abe fell a tree with one swing of an ax, jump across stampeding horses to catch a vampire, or punch his fist through the chest of a vampire this is the film for you. If you don’t want to see any of this crap please, please do not waste your money on it. I rate it a 0 (that’s a zero) out of 5.
What’s on the horizon:
- Wreck-It-Ralph (trailer)
- Monsters University (trailer)
- The Hobbit (trailer)
- Here Comes the Boom (trailer)
- Django Unchained (trailer)
This weekend’s agenda:
Subscribe via iTunes
Posted on June 29, 2012, in move reviews, movies, podcast and tagged abraham lincoln, brave, channing tatum, hunger games, joe manganiello, magic mike, matthew mcconaughey, ted, the hobbit. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.