Episode 14: A Plea for Original Material
News & Gossip:
- Updates on the Finnick Odair casting rumors article 1 article 2
- What’s up with the number of remakes/reboots/reinterpretations coming out this year? article
- Fraggle Rock’s getting the cinematic treatment article
- George Lucas has announced his retirement to focus on making “hobby movies” article
- Josh Duhamel to be the leading man in the next Nicholas Sparks adaptation article
- How Sparksian will this film be? article
In theaters now:
- Men in Black: III (trailer): We both agreed that this is fine installment to the Men in Black franchise. Will Smith really holds the movie together and Josh Brolin does an amazing job as Agent J, the younger. Kari hopes there comes a day with Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin do a Men in Black movie together. While we had minor complaints about the ending, a couple of plot holes, and some loose threads never tied up, all in all, it was a great, solid, family movie. We both rated it 3 out of 5.
- Snow White and the Huntsman (trailer): Kari enjoyed this movie in spite of the flaws- Kristin Stewart being one of them. The look and feel of the movie was amazing, Charlize Theron does an amazing job in her evil queen role, the dwarfs were entertaining as real characters. In terms of story, it has a great beginning but a weaker middle and end and the role of the huntsman was underdeveloped and seemed almost unnecessary. However, despite its flaws, it was still an enjoyable movie and Kari rated it 3 out of 5.
What’s on the horizon:
- Les Misérables (trailer): It looks very epic and Anna has it on good authority from a friend that it looks it’s on track to be a faithful adaptation of the play.
This weekend’s agenda:
- Kari will be taking a break from the movies to head off on the New Kids on the Block Cruise… don’t judge.
- Anna will possibly see Prometheus.
Subscribe via iTunes here