Lucky Number 7
I’ll admit that I’m a terrible podcasting partner. Did I abandon Anna to see Mirror Mirror on her own? Yes. Am I ashamed? Nope. It just looked so bad that I just couldn’t put myself through it. Although I really, really did want to make fun of it with Anna. To be fair she did see it before I had a chance to get to the theater and warned me in advance that I would not like it, so it’s really her fault I didn’t see it. I’d just like to say to Anna that I’m fake sorry for not going to Mirror Mirror like I said I would. I’ll try to do better next time. Maybe.
I accept your fake apology -Anna
News & Gossip:
- Everyone’s favorite Parks & Rec lovebirds in a new movie together (article)
- Can it be true? Have Jim Carrey’s and Jeff Daniels’ schedules finally come into a cosmic alignment in order for Dumb and Dumber 2 to finally be filmed? It seems so! (article)
- James Bond to kick off the 2012 Olympics in London July 27, 2012 (article)
- New behind the scenes footage that actually show James Bond in Skyfall! (article)
- How Titanic was the original Twilight (article)
- Do errors in movies bug you? One bugged this guy enough that he got James Cameron to fix Titanic (article)
- A social media survey says that people between the ages of 18-35 want to be able to tweet and txt more during movies. Strangely enough people who read articles seem to think that we do not need more tweeting and txt-ing in the theater… this just means that people that read are better than people that just hang out on facebook. (article)
In theaters now:
- Mirror Mirror (trailer): Anna took one for the team and dedicated almost two hours of her life to see Mirror Mirror and confirm Kari’s suspicions that Julia Roberts can’t hold her accent. The costumes and set pieces were beautiful but they couldn’t make up for patchy story telling and poor performances. The movie wasn’t completely horrid and scrapes by with a rating of 2 out of 5, or 3 if you’re taking children.
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (trailer): Kari saw this beautifully subdued romance by director Lasse Halletröm and starring Ewan McGregor, Emily Blunt and Kristen Scott Thomas. Ewan McGregor brought a great depth of emotion to his character, a boring Scottish fisheries scientist who is finding love and faith for the first time in his life. Emily Blunt brings the perfect blend of humor and sadness to her character, a financial aid to a Sheik who is trying to introduce salmon and salmon fishing to the Yemen. There’s a little bit of education on salmon thrown in and a heavy dose of learning how to have faith in something that seems impossible but just might be the greatest adventure of one’s life. This movie rates a 4 out of 5, a must see whether it’s in the theater or at home.
What’s on the horizon:
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: May 4 (trailer)
- Safety Not Guaranteed: June 8 (trailer)
- Ted: July 13 (red band trailer)
- Bel Ami: June 8 (trailer)
This weekend’s agenda:
Subscribe via iTunes here!