Episode 3: How much do we love Zac Efron? Too much.
Another week has come and gone and while we didn’t get to see a lot of movies this weekend we did each see one. Unfortunately in Kari’s case The Lorax wasn’t as awesome as expected but happily in Anna’s case Project X delivered on its craziness.
News & Gossip:
- Simon Baker’s got a new movie (article)
- Is the Harry Potter ultimate box set worth the hefty price tag? (article)
- Can Les Grossman carry his own movie? (article)
- In addition to Wayne’s World, two other SNL skits that worked well as movies: Blues Brothers, Night at the Roxbury (even though some might disagree, one of Anna’s favorite movies is Roxbury)
- We’ll soon see if Emma Watson can really act in the next Sofia Coppola film (article)
- A Sofia Coppola movie Anna enjoyed: Marie Antoinette
- Kari, on the other hand, thought Marie Antoinette (while cool looking) was wicked boring.
In theaters now:
- The Lorax (trailer): While children under 10 will surely enjoy this animated feature from the people who brought us Despicable Me, adults probably will be left wishing for more… Also who knew this was a musical? I didn’t. I’m rating this 1 out of 5 for adults, probably 4 out of 5 for children if my audience was one to judge by.
- Project X (trailer): Yes, it really is just as crazy as it looks… but somehow it makes sense. If you want to see a crazier Superbad and have no issues watching teenagers objectify women this movie is for you! I’m rating this 2 out of 5 for overall craziness and likeable characters. Plus don’t you owe it to yourself to go and find out why there’s a little person in the oven?
What’s on the horizon:
- 21 Jump Street: March 16 (trailer)
- The Wrath of the Titans: March 30 (trailer)
- Chimpanzee: April 20 (trailer)
- The Lucky One: April 20 (trailer)
This weekend’s agenda:
Subscribe via iTunes here!